Hikvision DS-7716NI-i4/16P Configuration Help Needed

vtsyrlin

n3wb
Reaction score
HI All,

Having trouble with the initial configuration of the unit. Have 10 Axis IP Cams , M3005, P3364 series.
All cameras are connected and streaming ok. Plan is to connect TV directly to NVR and display live view stream on TV permanently. ie. I have no plans on running IVS client on another pc.
Now some questions:

1. Live view - There isn't a live view screen that allows only 10 cameras to be displayed. There are 3x3, 4x4 but not 5x2..Are these live view screens customizable (without using IVS client software)? I simply only want to see my 10 cameras on the live view screen. If I create a custom live view screen using IVS, can I upload that to NVR and select it under live view?

2. Can you set a live view resolution for each camera independently? I am confused since some cameras in live view grid are displaying in 640x480, while others are 190x120. I can't figure out where do I change the live view settings for each camera? Most of the cameras are 3 or 5 mega pixels so why am I only seeing 190x120 is beyond me! Obviously is I view the camera in question on a single screen, the image is perfect of high quality.

Thanks heaps.
Vlad

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
HI All,

Having trouble with the initial configuration of the unit. Have 10 Axis IP Cams , M3005, P3364 series.
All cameras are connected and streaming ok. Plan is to connect TV directly to NVR and display live view stream on TV permanently. ie. I have no plans on running IVS client on another pc.
Now some questions:

1. Live view - There isn't a live view screen that allows only 10 cameras to be displayed. There are 3x3, 4x4 but not 5x2..Are these live view screens customizable (without using IVS client software)? I simply only want to see my 10 cameras on the live view screen. If I create a custom live view screen using IVS, can I upload that to NVR and select it under live view?

The customization on the NVR live view is limited but you can customize it. You're not going to get all 10 cams on the screen without seeing a few unused cams though.

2. Can you set a live view resolution for each camera independently? I am confused since some cameras in live view grid are displaying in 640x480, while others are 190x120. I can't figure out where do I change the live view settings for each camera? Most of the cameras are 3 or 5 mega pixels so why am I only seeing 190x120 is beyond me! Obviously is I view the camera in question on a single screen, the image is perfect of high quality.

Multiple camera live view on the 7716 uses the substream. When you view only one camera it uses mainstream. In the NVR under Video/Audio / Stream Type, make sure the substream is set to max resolution for each camera.

Thanks heaps.
Vlad

vtsyrlin

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Hook3m. Under which menu option can i find video/audio stream type for each camera?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Live View has main stream / sub stream selections in the web GUI under Configuration | Local, plus in the Live View page you can select the stream on a per camera basis, the icons on the left.