Hikvision DS-7616NI-SE/P keeps crashing

AndyH

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I flashed my DS-7616NI-SE/P with V3.0.15 build150528 recently and it keeps crashing (only way to bring it back to life is to turn off/on the power).

I believe the original firmware was 3.0.10 (but I cannot be 100% sure).

Is there a better firmware version out there (does 3.3.4 work on this model?!) or some way I can find the cause of the crashing?

Thanks

AndyH

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the response.

I tried that version yesterday, it's crashed again over night though.

bobbear

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the response.

I tried that version yesterday, it's crashed again over night though.
I have exactly the same problem with the same machine - was a solution ever found? My current firmware build is V3.0.15.Build 151230 Oddly enough, after crashing yet again overnight my NVR reset with a reboot rather than a complete power off. It's funny it always happens overnight, never during the day and I can never find any clue in the event logs - the machine simply stops recording all cameras which then subsequently all disconnect. I thought it might be the hard drive sleep setting so I disabled that but the problem continues...

bobbear

n3wb
Reaction score
Update: I decided to bite the bullet and reset to defaults. After about an hour or so resetting all the NVR-side camera and other settings it all looked normal and hasn't crashed since, so it looks like the "reset to defaults after upgrading the firmware" is a necessary move. Hopefully Hikvision will configure future upgrades to make it unnecessary...

Last edited by a moderator: