Hikvision DS-7616NI-SE/P Abnormal shutdown Issues

Nick

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a home installed system with 7 cameras running, they have been on 24/7 for 11 months, 2 days ago i started getting abnormal shutdown and reboots, approx every 8 mins!!
suggestions on where i start looking??

Spotmom

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Lorex (Hikvision) that has to be hard rebooted every 30 days, give or take a few. The cameras start rebooting and coming back on randomly. The hard boot cures it for another 30 days

Nick

n3wb
Reaction score
After doing a lot of reading on this forum (A mine of information) I have formatted my 2 x 2tb drives in the nvr, I have set one camera to continuous record so that on the playback screen I can see all of the breaks in recording as black marks in the blue line. as of last night it had gone for 90 mins without a shutdown. The hard disks had smart enabled and had passed all the tests. Perhaps wd purple disks may be the answer. I will see if the problem only comes back when they are full and start over writing

Nick

n3wb
Reaction score
well nearly 24 hours of perfect performance, it would appear that the every 8 mins abnormal shutdown is hard disk related

Spotmom

n3wb
Reaction score
well nearly 24 hours of perfect performance, it would appear that the every 8 mins abnormal shutdown is hard disk related
Mark your calendar and see. I have to do the hard reboot about every 30 days or the cameras turn on and off. I have 2 4tb purples in mine (I get about 30 days recording before it overwrites, any coincidence?). I just had another issue this week with the cameras all going off and on randomly and the hard reset didn't fix it. After an hour of phone tag I was told that my motion and continuous have to be set to the same values. When the system was new it could handle the mismatch, but now that it is older it can't. Pretty sorry if you ask me that a 2 year old system is going downhill to the point the "cure" is crippling the resolution!

Reaction score
DS-7608NI-E2 V3.4.1
2 or 3 "abnormal shutdown" events daily.

Downgraded from V3.4.1 to V3.3.4 a week ago.
Zero "abnormal shutdown" events after that.:)

Spotmom

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have any firmware changes to downgrade from. I have never changed anything, they don't even offer anything! Just every 22-30 days (I suppose depending on how much the cameras are stressed) I have to hard reboot. It is almost looking like that coincides with the point at which it would switch drives and start overwriting again. Hmmm. I have 2 4tb drives that record about 28 days before overwriting. Any coincidence there?

Nick

n3wb
Reaction score
I reformatted both my drives and the problem stopped instantly, it looks like overwriting will start again soon, i will keep an eye on it and report back