Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2 will not view hikvision DS-2CD3345-I camera

kkilloy

n3wb
Reaction score
I can view the camera at an ie11 webpage. It worked with an Ion-NVR-8 I was using. I also have a hikvision DS-2CD2032F-I and 4 eyeserv ESIP-APEX3-BT2 3MP cameras that all work on the hikvision DS-7608NI-E2. I have attached pic of firmware page and the "live view failed" message. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am guessing that DS-2CD3345-I doesn't work with v3.0.8 firmware and you need to update that to v3.3.4

I take it the camera works if you login to it directly?

kkilloy

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try the firmware update. Where is the best place to download the firmware for DS7608NI-E2 NVR? Is v3.3.4 the latest?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My strong recommendation - as you are running older firmware that still has the telnet facility, take the opportunity to backup your current state should you ever need to go back to it or make use of it.
The current state would be the firmware (all quite usefully stored in mtdblock2) and a copy of the exported device and IPC configuration from the maintenance menus.
The firmware update you need applies a lot more restrictions on regions than the somewhat benign 3.0.8
And if you ever do a full reset of your NVR, or a tftp update, you could well end up with Chinese menus.
This can be recovered from, but you'd need to use the 3.0.8 firmware and your configuration as the starting point.

In addition to the ability to get the files out using tftp or a NAS connection, it's likely that a USB memory stick would also work to copy them to, though I have not tried that.
If so, it would appear as mmc01 or some such to the 'mount' command.
This is from a post of mine quite a while back.

What I strongly suggest if you think about upgrading is to back up your existing firmware so you have a way back should you wish.
All you need is a copy of mtdblock2 in the as-delivered state. But copy mtdblock0 and 1 also.
The easiest way is if you can add a NAS destination via the GUI. It does not need to be formatted.
Something like this for an NFS mount.
Use 'mount' to find the mount point, then something like:
cd /mnt/tnfs01
umount /dev/mtdblock2
cat /dev/mtdblock2 > mtdblock2_orig
mount /dev/mtdblock2 /home/hik

You could also use TFTP, something like
TFTP -p -l mtdblock2_orig <IP address of TFTP server>

And the same for mtdblock0 & 1, though these don't need unmounted.
Then you can either at a later date 'cat' the mtdblock2_orig' back where it came from, or you can create new firmware using @wzhick really useful tool Hiktools to get a digicap.dav that the web GUI and TFTP recovery is happy with.
Also - make a backup copy of the NVR configuration, and the camera settings, via the maintenance menu, with the filename including the associated firmware version. You can't restore configurations across firmware versions.
That way - you can put the whole thing back exactly how it was before the firmware update if you ever need to do so.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My strong recommendation - as you are running older firmware that still has the telnet facility, take the opportunity to backup your current state should you ever need to go back to it or make use of it.
The current state would be the firmware (all quite usefully stored in mtdblock2) and a copy of the exported device and IPC configuration from the maintenance menus.
The firmware update you need applies a lot more restrictions on regions than the somewhat benign 3.0.8
And if you ever do a full reset of your NVR, or a tftp update, you could well end up with Chinese menus.
This can be recovered from, but you'd need to use the 3.0.8 firmware and your configuration as the starting point.

In addition to the ability to get the files out using tftp or a NAS connection, it's likely that a USB memory stick would also work to copy them to, though I have not tried that.
If so, it would appear as mmc01 or some such to the 'mount' command.
This is from a post of mine quite a while back.
This ^^^ because Alastair is far more knowledgeable then me on this stuff. I just plugged one into my NVR and it worked ok, so I guess it is the firmware.

kkilloy

n3wb
Reaction score
I have upgraded to 3.4 and I still cannot see the camera on the NVR. I have a second DS-2CD3345-I camera that I added to the network. After several minutes both cameras started working. Go figure that, I have no idea why.