Hikvision DS-7608N-E2 / 8P FW UPGRADE

ibruce

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

As any other noob I need to upgrade my NVR FW to the latest version available (v3.4.92 I believe) but I'm terrified by bricking my system.
Now the ask, since my nvr is a Chinese import running on a V3.4.6 build 160405 in English, is there anybody on this forum who has a "working compatible english v3.4.92" that I can safely upload on my system via web GUI? (I tried to download the FW from the chinese mirror and at the time of the upload it gives me error - language mismatch)

Reason for upgrading is that all of a sudden HDD is no longer working and I tested it on a win machine to check it is not broken and it is not.

Please help, I'm about to go on vacation and I must make sure I record footage during my absence.

Cheers!!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Reason for upgrading is that all of a sudden HDD is no longer working and I tested it on a win machine to check it is not broken and it is not.
That's not likely to be a firmware problem - and unlikely to be solved by a firmware update - which could well leave your 'possibly-running-hacked-to-English-firmware' NVR in an unusable state.

Suggestion:
In the NVR web GUI Storage Management menu, what does the status of the HDD show, and does it show if anything for SMART data?
Do you have another HDD to try?

ibruce

n3wb
Reaction score
Guys,

I've made a HUGE mess and managed to brick my NVR. I'm now loosing my mind with TFTP etc. but got stuck with an econt_Vision failure.
I don't know what to do, this is so complicated!!!

@alastairstevenson please help me!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
but got stuck with an econt_Vision failure.
That's not actually a failure - it's the NVR after booting, querying the LAN for any ArecontVision devices so it can list them, and getting a resonse it doesn't recognise from the tftp updater.
It can be ignored.

It does suggest, though, that the NVR is booting OK.
What does SADP show for the status?

eric zarif

n3wb
Reaction score
hi, i have the same nvr, DS7616N-E2 , tried to update yesterday and he is bricked :(
i cannot unbrick with tftp , i see the nvr transfert of digicap ok but no upgrade , the nvr reboot after 15 beep ....
somebody had the correct digicap file ? i can't find it ...
thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What version, and from exactly where, was the firmware that you bricked it with and tried to recover with?
Using the correct firmware is key to success.

eric zarif

n3wb
Reaction score
What version, and from exactly where, was the firmware that you bricked it with and tried to recover with?
Using the correct firmware is key to success.
it's a chinese nvr , sending picture on email not work with old firmware...
i have tried to upgrade with official firmware and at reboot nvr bip bip bip bip bip ....
(sorry for my bad english , i'm belgian )
i have found on your forum a digicap file and now my nvr work again .

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well done for getting it working again.
i have tried to upgrade with official firmware and at reboot nvr bip bip bip bip bip ...
That is very likely the complaint '!!! You device is illegal, you bought in China !!!' repeated many times, that is the result of applying EN/ML firmware to a CN NVR.

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is why I always ask the sellers is this English version and I CAN UPDATE BY MY SELF

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it's a chinese nvr , sending picture on email not work with old firmware...
i have tried to upgrade with official firmware and at reboot nvr bip bip bip bip bip ....
(sorry for my bad english , i'm belgian )
i have found on your forum a digicap file and now my nvr work again .
I'm lost your nvr sn is saying AARR :confused::confused::confused::confused: and WCVU