Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P & SV3C IP Camera Connection Problems

Reaction score
Hi All

Ive just purchased a new Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P NVR along with 2 x Hikvision 5mp cameras which all seem to work/connect with no problems but I also have 2 x SV3C 2mp cameras which after days of trying I cannot get the NVR to connect with them. I've tried numerous setting via the ONVIF protocol and also tried a custom protocol using the RTSP option but still no joy. Ive set the cameras to the same IP address that the NVR had default assigned to port 4 (192.168.254.5) and also changed both NVR port 4 address and camera so it ended in .105 but nothing, also changed the password so that the NVR now states "strong password" but still nothing...???
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Matt

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried numerous setting via the ONVIF protocol and also tried a custom protocol using the RTSP option but still no joy.
Did you use 8999 for the ONVIF port, and /livestream/11 for the RTSP connection?
Choppy video blur

A good way to determine the ONVIF port and RTSP URL is to use ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net
The ONVIF port can be seen at the bottom of the Identification page, the RTSP URL at the bottom of the Live Video page.
But as it only works on the same IP address range as the PC, you'd need to change the PC IP address to something in the NVR PoE interface range, such as 192.168.254.100 and connect the PC to an unused NVR PoE port.

Reaction score
Hi Alastair

No, I didn't try either of them settings, I didn't see 8999 anywhere in the camera settings or the /livestream/11 via the ONVIF device manager.
Will try the settings now and upload a screenshot showing the ONVIF device manager settings.

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
ONVIF settings whilst logged in - all looks the same?
That's the Network page as opposed to the Identification page - however the ONVIF port of 1018 won't change.
But what's now showing from the Live Video is that the RTSP path is /11 with the default port of 554.

Those values are the same as the ones I used to use on a Hikvision NVR when I had some IPCC and Amovision cameras - since sold on eBay.
I'd certainly expect either of the ONVIF or RTSP connection methods to work OK.

Reaction score
Got it working now, changes 2 settings at the same time so not sure which one it was. First I found an option on the NVR to increase the power output of the PoE port and I also changed all the passwords (in DVR & camera) to match the default camera passwords - Bingo
Interestingly I now have both the expensive Hikvision DS-2CD2355FWD-I and the Amazon SV3C cameras setup side by side (all be it on the kitchen table) and the image quality seems identical - only a keen eye could tell them apart, may be a different story when setup outdoors.

Thanks for your help Alastair

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, that's a good result.
You'll see the difference when you turn all the lights off.
Day time video is always good - it's the low light video that differentiates cameras.

Reaction score
Your right, there’s is a difference, the Hikvision 5mp turret is excellent in the dark, nice even IR spread, not to much difference between the Hikvision 5mp dome and the cheap SV3C bullet though.