HikVision DS-7604NI-K1/4P bandwith help

lexpower

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I am a newbie when it comes to video surveilance, ip cams, nvrs etc. so I came here to ask for help/advice.

I've installed 3 HikVision cameras in my building and connected them to NVR mentioned in topic title. Cameras are 2MP, set on 1080p, vbr, 25fps. NVR has 40/80 Mbps incoming/outgoing bandwith and it's connected to my personal switch/router with declared ISP speed of 200/20 Mbps.

Now, I would like to share access to those cameras to certain people in the building.
They would be granted only with live stream and only on their cell phones.

I am not sure if that will be possible with specs I've mentioned above so please feel free to help if you know how to calculate bandwith for this situation of mine.

Tnx in advance.
Cheers.

n3wb
Reaction score
With 3 cameras at 1080, you are looking at only about 8 - 10 Mbps. You should be fine, well below the allowances of that NVR. Before I upgraded to 8 cams, I had that same NVR, it was a good machine. I shared the streams via Ipcamviewer, EZVIZ or HikConnect with my wife and brother so that makes 3. Never had an issue at all. I would think only if all parties were to pull up stream at same time and let it run would be an issue, but I don't think that would happen often. I would run 265 or 265+ to eliminate bandwidth a bit also, and even take the fps way down depending on your situation will save you as well. I run at 15-20fps and seems like way more than enough, but everyone has their needs so good luck!