Hikvision DS-7208HGHI-SH inherited - admin password reset - HELP needed

Reaction score
Hello,

I inherited a Hikvision DS-7208HGHI-SH DVR as part of a system that is installed in the home I bought.
I did get a username and password but that user is an "Operator". I do not have the admin password and it is not one of the default ones.

Is there a way to reset the admin password without having the current one?

Have a serial number from the user system information screen as well as
Firmware version: V3.1.17, Build 170615

I also have a verification code from that same screen.

Another question is, I have the DVR connected to my router and it has an IP, that I can also connect to through the web browser and log into it. However if I run the SADP Tool V3.1.2.2 It does not show up. Computer is on Wifi not directly connected to the DVR but can reach the DVR in the web browser using the DVR IP. Anyone have an idea why the DVR is not showing up in the SADP Tool? I have read other threats that talk about old versions of SADP but I do not know where I would get those and if they would run on Win11.

Main topic would be to reset/change the admin password.

Thank you so much for your help!

Regards
Antergosgeek

Reaction score
I have gotten it to show up in SADP, was a VLAN problem, I am also able to login as an Operator. Unfortunately my system has only analog cameras connected to it so at this point I am at a loss as to how to reset the admin password, which is the only problem left to solve.

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There is a thread on how to reset hik vis equipment. I tried it on a DVR and came very close to generating or resetting the admin PW but had an issues with "ip v6" not right or some error like that.

So you may search the forum for that thread and give it a go. I gave up due to my tech limitations and the value of the dvr vs the time i felt i could use on something more productive.

Reaction score
Hello observant1 and thank you for your reply. I tried the forum, unfortunately my DVR is requesting a password xml file. I have yet to find a solution for that.

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yep, i almost got mine figured out using the hikvision reset tool....but gave up. Glad it worked!

Reaction score
Yep, i almost got mine figured out using the hikvision reset tool....but gave up. Glad it worked!
What was it that you could not get to work? Maybe I can help.

It was actually pretty simple.

In addition to that, I also contacted HikVision here and attached the xml file that I got from the SADP Tool when I clicked 'Forgot Password' and they sent me a reset file. I received that however after I had already been able to reset it with the password reset tool. But pretty sure that would have also solved my problem.

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I may try again one day. Currently i have no use for the xvr at this time. I think it was a simple procedural error on my part.

If i could figure out how to turn my lorex nvr into one with dahua firmware i'd be pleased. Heck i'm still working on my rtsp feeds from my current nvr to send to my BI computer.:idk:

Reaction score
Hello Friends. I have DS-7108HGHI-F1/N, I used the password reset tool, but I keep getting an error that "Device Refuse to Process" thank after trying a couple of times I get another error "Empty thread string"