Hikvision DS-7108N - Accessing cameras directly when connected to NVR POE

th3bloody9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've got a Hikvision DS-7108N-SN/P (firmware V3.0.13) NVR and am having trouble figuring out a way to connect to the cameras directly when they are plugged into the NVR's POE ports.

This NVR doesn't appear to have 'Virtual Host' support, and also doesn't have Telnet enabled so I can't enable IP routing like in this thread:

Hikvision POE LAN segment - access to cameras without virtual host or extra wiring.

I've tried using the patch cable from [NVR POE PORT]---->[LAN ROUTER] method which does work... but when I do this the NVR web interface becomes super slow and buggy (often not loading at all). I'm not sure why this is? something to do with increased network traffic? I wish I had just bought an NVR and separate POE switch now.

Last edited:

th3bloody9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, so connecting a computer directly to an NVR POE port (and changing the computer IP to the NVR's POE range) works just fine (NVR web interface is not slow/unresponsive).

Ideally I would like to be able to connect to each camera without having to physically plug in, but it seems to be the simplest solution so far.

th3bloody9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I should have read through the sticky at the top of this sub-forum more carefully, there's lot's of good info on this problem in there.

This solution from Thedy Bratu sounds very good :

Hi,
For those who still have trouble accessing the web interface of the cameras connected to the POE ports:
1. get the most basic router you can find
2. Disable the DHCP server on the new router and set up WAN and LAN Ip addresses to be in the same class as the POE ports of the NVR and your local network.
3. on the existing router that gives you internet access set up a static route so you can access the subnet (POE connected devices) through the new tiny router.
This way you will have direct access to your cameras without the need to connect any computer directly to one of the NVR POE ports, you will have direct access from any computer connected to your local LAN.
Cheers.