Hikvision DS-2CD4526FWD-IZH Supply Voltage Question

DGMAX99

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently purchased a (second hand) Hikvision DS-2CD4526FWD-IZH Dome Camera and need to power it with 12VDC, but only see a "AC24V" connection jack. The manual and spec information for this camera indicates it supports 12VDC power (along with 24VAC and PoE supplies), but is not clear where to connect the 12VDC. I am assuming it would be a separate cable from the ethernet cable.

Has anyone else been down this path with the same camera? If so, where exactly would a 12VDC power supply be connected?

I have tested the camera with 24VAC and it appears everything works, and i do plan on going the PoE route, just don't have the PoE NVR yet.

Thanks in advance!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
See your other thread (wow what a long time between thread for the same question!)!

DGMAX99

n3wb
Reaction score
See your other thread (wow what a long time between thread for the same question!)!

Yes, long time between questions, but no, it is a different question! LOL! I figured out the answer to the question in this thread, but now I'm setting up the same camera on an NVR. Before I was using it as stand alone camera, with PC and/or mobile device access.

BTW, the answer to the question that started this thread is, even though the supply terminals are only marked as "AC24V", the camera can be powered with 12VDC connected to the same terminals. Polarity does not matter since the bridge rectifier it is feeding (for the AC input rectification) will route the polarity properly. I suspected this when I originally posted the question, but wanted to make sure I was not overlooking something on the camera, since it was "new to me" at the time.

Thanks!