Hikvision DS-2CD3335-I bloom around bright lights

Jweaver

n3wb
Reaction score
I am suffering with a problem on my new DS-2CD3335-I where bright lights have a 'bloom' around them, like there is a smudge on the lens.

hikvision smudge.JPG

The outside glass is perfectly clean, and looking at the lens inside, it looks OK.. So I can only assume that there is a fingerprint on the inside.

Is it worth stripping the camera to try and clean it? Our could this just be a side effect of having the lens behind glass?

Jon

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
looks like normal lensflare to me ?
prob a small adjustment in angle of the camera will make a difference

Jweaver

n3wb
Reaction score
looks like normal lensflare to me ?
You might be right, but its a bit "soft" to be flare... But I have a ton of other cameras (but not IP) and they don't have this. For example, I have a fleet of FPV based quadcopters and planes, all using a similar type of camera (unhoused) and they don't have the "flair" like this. The only difference is that they arn't behind glass.

Jweaver

n3wb
Reaction score
KUDOS for your garage btw! . I wish I had all the TOOLS =D and organised.
:) Cheers.. Didn't even think of that when I posted this. I would have tidied up a bit first, as I have a lot of mess at the moment due to ongoing projects... I am still trying to find the best position for the camera, some am moving it about and as you can see the other side isn't quite as well organized:

garage.jpg

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
you can try playing with WDR and/or BLC settings, but in the long run, you're generally better off aiming the cam to
avoid such bright spots, if you can. For that first view, mount it higher and/or aim a bit bit lower so at least the
closer light isn't in the frame. more floor, less ceiling... :)

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can always put privacy mask on, only over the light. It'll make more of a difference then you think.

Jweaver

n3wb
Reaction score
Cheers all.. This camera is actually destined for outside and I am ordering another for the inside of the garage...

So I will take your advice onboard when its in its final resting place...