Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW 3MP

Bentley

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion on this camera? I see it can be purchased from Aliexpress for $119.00 plus tax and import fees. Has anyone purchased one from this company and if so, if you don't mind, what it cost with the added taxes and import fees. I see it is also sold in the US for $180.00. Both have the same descriptions. Is one made in China and the other the US? Any differences? Thanks Tom

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion on this camera? I see it can be purchased from Aliexpress for $119.00 plus tax and import fees. Has anyone purchased one from this company and if so, if you don't mind, what it cost with the added taxes and import fees. I see it is also sold in the US for $180.00. Both have the same descriptions. Is one made in China and the other the US? Any differences? Thanks Tom
Aliexpress is like ebay...there are good sellers and bad...cctv china is a reputable seller...dont expect any support or warraty..there is none (return shipping is prohibitive)...Dont expect to be able to upgrade firmware without the camera reverting to chinese. on the china region cameras sold on ali...
Also note many amazon sellers are selling china region cameras...
If you buy from reputable US sellers who sell US region cameras you will be able to upgrade the firmware. You may not care about updating the firmware, so ali is a good buy.
The camera itself is excellent, the only downside is that it needs more light than usual to go into night mode...you can set a schedule or modify the camera by drilling a larger hole for the photosenor (there is a thread on how to do this)
This 2mp version is a good compromise if you dont need the 2.8mm lens
http://www.nellyssecurity.com/cameras/hi-def-cameras/ip-cameras/2-mp/hikvision-ds-2cd2420f-iw-2mp-indoor-ir-wifi-cube-camera-4mm.html

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I would certainly recommend this camera.
This is my only internal camera, with the 2.8mm lens to give a near 90Deg field of view at 1080p. Mounted in a corner of the living room, this single camera gives pretty good coverage of the whole quite large area.
The night time view is good enough not to need any extra IR illumination, and the daytime view is good. See attached sample images.
It's been 100% reliable, running on a PoE connection - not WiFi. The PIR sensor is a useful addition to the other basic and smart events.
I bought it last November off Aliexpress for $116.I didn't get charged import fees or taxes (UK). It came as a Chinese model with modified firmware to masquerade as English, connected fine to my NVR. I changed the language flag in the firmware to English, updated the firmware to a pure Hikvision release and it's been absolutely fine.

Attachments

Bentley

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks as usual fenderman you sure get around nobody else out there besides you? just kidding. And alastairsteveson those are awesome. That's certainly going to be my first purchase. Thanks greatly Bentley