HIKVision DS-2CD2432F Configurations?

dancepants

n3wb
Reaction score
A coworker and I have been trying to view our stream on port 565, but we can't find out what the configurations are. What configurations should we use to RTSP stream our cam? Thanks in advance. 1b46980d3cae07b1a3dc8e2eaeefb93adf983700d505d8ae0cd5be4ecfb96d0d.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
A coworker and I have been trying to view our stream on port 565, but we can't find out what the configurations are. What configurations should we use to RTSP stream our cam? Thanks in advance. View attachment 6864
What are you using to view the camera?
If you are using the hikvision mobile app, you need to use the media port (default 8000)

dancepants

n3wb
Reaction score
What are you using to view the camera?
If you are using the hikvision mobile app, you need to use the media port (default 8000)
What do you mean what am I using to view the camera? I'm using a lan to link my computer to my cam with SADP and then using Mozilla FF to view the IP in the URL.
And yes it is on the default port 8000.

dancepants

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to get an rtsp stream to view it in VLC. I have the correct IP address to login because I can view my other cams, just not this one.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What do you mean what am I using to view the camera? I'm using a lan to link my computer to my cam with SADP and then using Mozilla FF to view the IP in the URL.
And yes it is on the default port 8000.
What I meant was, browser? android app etc...
what url are you using for vlc?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not worried about that for now. We've used Chrome, Mozilla, and IE. We just can't get a port open on the HueWei router.
You should be worried about that, because various methods of accessing the camera require different ports to be open. If your router is a cellular/satellite or wisp service you will not be able to forward ports unless the provider offers a true external ip for you (at a cost)...

dancepants

n3wb
Reaction score
You should be worried about that, because various methods of accessing the camera require different ports to be open. If your router is a cellular/satellite or wisp service you will not be able to forward ports unless the provider offers a true external ip for you (at a cost)...
We have a true external ip. Dont know what settings in that router though.