Hikvision DS-2CD2051G1-IDW1 strange artifacts/corrupted portions of the video records

Reaction score
Hi,

I own a Hikvision DS-2CD2051G1-IDW1 camera connected only on the wi-fi network and to a power socket (so no NVR or any other devices) which stores the data on a Samsung Micro-SDXC Pro Endurance 128GB Class 10+.
I get these strange artifacts/corrupted portions of the video records as in the attached images very often, somewhere like 1 every 25-30 seconds.
The artifacts are visible after downloading (via wifi or Lan cable) the files from the camera and playing them with VLC or Windows Media Player.
If I go on the gui of the camera to the Playback at the time of the artifact apparition, the video playback will freeze at the artifacts timestamp and will recover in 10-15 seconds.

What I tried, but the problem still persists:
  • tried playing the clip on a secondary laptop (i7, 7th generation, 64GB RAM, so a pretty capable laptop)
  • checked the micro sd card for error in Windows -> no errors found
  • computed a hash for a big file (109 GB), wrote the file on the card, copied back on the laptop, recomputed the hash -> the hash values were identical, so I guess the card has no issues.
  • tried a second micro sd card (also Samsung, but Pro+ version this time)
  • tried a third Sandisk micro sd card (class 10, but the camera refused to even format it)
  • send the camera in warranty, received another one but with no info regarding my problem
  • multiple resets and camera setting restored to default
  • tuned different param (H.264, H.264+, H.265, H.265+), resolutions, bitrate, video quality, fps, I frame interval, activated/deactivated WDR and DNR)

1. Do you know how this issue is called (so I could dig even more on the Interned) and/or (even better) how to solve it?
2. Is this something normal for a camera in this budget range?

Thanks.

Attachments