Hikvision config web site visible to outside IP addresses

kc8hnz

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a DYN domain for my home IP address and have noticed that the Hikvision web based config is visible to outside IP addresses. Without closing port 80 completely, is there any way to prevent this? Thanks!

Jason

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Disable uPnP and port forwarding before it gets owned and taken over by a botnet. Probably too late. it is not safe to expose cameras and NVRs directly to the Internet.

kc8hnz

n3wb
Reaction score
I disabled uPnP and that did the trick, thanks! How would I tell if it has already been compromised? I have had a robust password on it since the beginning and it seams to be operating normally. Any tell tale indications?

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I disabled uPnP and that did the trick, thanks! How would I tell if it has already been compromised? I have had a robust password on it since the beginning and it seams to be operating normally. Any tell tale indications?
I'm not sure you can tell without doing a packet capture and knowing what to look for. You may want to re-flash the firmware as a precaution. Just be sure to get it from the source, not whatever site comes up first on a web search.