Hikvision ColorVu + 4K (DS-2CD2087G2-L)

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
If Dahua has a 1/1.8" sensor and a F1:0 lens in it's new PTZ and is below £135 then they are onto a winner I think.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Please can we list models in discussion so comparing can be done fairly. As all this Hikvision stuff is new to me also. If I am going to look into it, I need to know what I am getting and what Andy is offering for how much :)
You can compare any camera on Hikvisions website....

Brad Palmquist

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Please can we list models in discussion so comparing can be done fairly. As all this Hikvision stuff is new to me also. If I am going to look into it, I need to know what I am getting and what Andy is offering for how much :)
I was referring to a comparison between DS-2CD2087G2-L(U) which has a built in microphone versus DS-2CD2087G2-L which does not have a microphone.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
On a related note would love to know if Hikvision will release a similar 4K camera in a dome style.

Like their 4MP ColorVu version DS-2CD2147G2-SU.

Speaking of which, (Andy) can you let me know if the 4MP (DS-2CD2147G2-SU) can be ordered and for how much directly from you?

Brad Palmquist

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On a related note would love to know if Hikvision will release a similar 4K camera in a dome style.

Like their 4MP ColorVu version DS-2CD2147G2-SU.

Speaking of which, (Andy) can you let me know if the 4MP (DS-2CD2147G2-SU) can be ordered and for how much directly from you?
My distributor confirmed a turret model is in the works. I didnt ask about a dome though.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Worth remembering that price isn't everything. Andy is easily contactable through the forums and offers proven great service. Although others may or may not offer cheaper, many are unknown when it comes to customer service and the real time you find out how good a vendor is, is often only after something goes wrong. Sometimes a little extra is worth it for peace of mind.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I would always buy local and support your own community and have a full Hikvision warranty as Hikvision give zero warranty or support on grey imports.

Brad Palmquist

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm also interested in a dome camera for the front door and a couple turrets to replace some others! Excited to see these products.
I agree. I wanted the turrets. My distributor has 200 bullets in shipment. They called Hik to get an ETA on the turrets, but they weren't able to give them one yet, but they confirmed they'll definitely be releasing one.

ZeeCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought recently 8k G2s and mix of turrets and mini bullets. Mini bullets were cheaper. Mounting mini bullets was much easier and they look more inconspicuous then turrets. Previous turrets used to be more compact.

Reaction score
I bought recently 8k G2s and mix of turrets and mini bullets. Mini bullets were cheaper. Mounting mini bullets was much easier and they look more inconspicuous then turrets. Previous turrets used to be more compact.
I didn't think 4K (8mp) ColorVu G2 turrets or mini bullets are out yet. What are the model numbers?

HomieTheClown

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm with you bro. Turrets are an eyesore these days. They looks huge especially compared to mini-bullets. I guess the only thing I wonder is if the turret version has more advanced hardware than the mini-bullet version we are talking about here.

gecko

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm with you bro. Turrets are an eyesore these days. They looks huge especially compared to mini-bullets. I guess the only thing I wonder is if the turret version has more advanced hardware than the mini-bullet version we are talking about here.
Well maybe I'm wrong about these things then. Is there a mounting option that accepts metal conduit?

Michael Diehl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Put an inquiry to B&H Photo to check on stocking the (U) model with Mic. Curious to see what their pricing is. Much rather get the Hikvision labeled vers. rather than the OEM.