Hikvision cameras rebooting together, regularly.

skywise

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, I have a pair of Hikvision cameras... 2x Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I 3MP h.264
They were hooked to my NAS and would once N awhile disappear.
I now have them hooked up to a Blue Iris system and they're doing the same thing.
At first I didn't think much of it, weird network, or the NAS or goofy camera thing.
But now that I've been watching them for awhile as I've worked on the system, they will both, within a few seconds of each other, go offline.
And after what seems like a boot cycle, come back within seconds of each other.
This seems to happen 1-2 hour intervals? (haven't measured exactly)
Is this a known thing with hikvisions? A firmware oops? Maybe I'm overflowing something or other?
ModelDS-2CD2032-I
Serial No.DS-2CD2032-I20140515CCCH4
Firmware VersionV5.1.0 build 131202
Encoding VersionV5.0 build 131128

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Some of the early 'English hacked firmware' 2015 cameras were doing this, until the language hacks were refined a bit.
But you are running quite old firmware, so presumably you've had them a while.

There was another forum post with cameras rebooting almost in sync, when a laptop was started on the network.
The exact cause wasn't found - but a workaround by @Buggah http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/2235-DS-2CD2132-I-amp-DS-2CD2032-I-reboot-problem/page2?highlight=ipv6
Good news (kind of); The problem seems te be solved by totally disabling everything that has to do with IPv6 on my Fritzbox 7490 (firmware 6.20).

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The serial number date is from about 364 days ago... May 15, 2014. And the CH indicates they are chinese region.

I would try connecting to one of them with VLC media player on a different PC, and see if that cuts out at the same time as Blue Iris. You can connect with the simple URL: rtsp://xx.xx.xx.xx/ where you of course insert the correct IP address.

skywise

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, I seem to have wounded one of my cameras.
I grabbed the firmware from hikvision for both 5.2 and 5.3
It wouldn't let me upgrade right to 5.3 but did let me go to 5.2.
That didn't change the rebooting once N awhile so I tried 5.3, see if it'd like it now. It allowed the upgrade (through web upgrade) but when it rebooted, the web gives me:
---
[h=2]Access Error: 404 -- Not Found[/h]firmware language mismatch: /home/webLib
---
The camera itself it working, still showing up in BI.
telnet is dead but ssh is working.
Have I wounded my poor cam beyond hope?
Oh, ONVIF manager couldn't see it but I added it manually and it's there.
Firmware: V5.3.0 build 150327
Device ID: DS-2CD2032-I20140604CCCH467591401
Hardware: 88

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like you've ended up with an inconsistency in the firmware.
With an older camera, it may be best to start with some slightly older firmware. @whoislooking posted a link to a full English 5.1.6 somewhere here, but with a quick search I didn't find it.
But I think it's been confirmed that a 5.3.0 install blocks the ability to downgrade, even via TFTP.
So, a couple of suggestions:
The serial number suggests originally a Chinese region camera, CCCH.
Using ssh, what does prtHardInfo now say for the language? Presumably =2, probably used to be a hacked =1
What was the language of the 5.2 and 5.3 firmware you applied?
If it's different from what the camera language is now saying, it may be worth changing the firmware language with the Hiktools program and re-applying to try to remove the "firmware language mismatch: /home/webLib" error
http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/2733-Hikvision-FIRMWARE-TOOLS-change-language-extract-files-and-create-own-firmware