Hikvision Cameras Question

Mainsail

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello all!

I bought two used Hikvision cameras I purchased from a forum member here. I tried connecting them to my Dahua NVR and it doesn't see them at all. I tried pressing the reset buttons on the cameras but no change.

Model: DS-2CD2185FWD-1
Manufacture date is 06/2017

Any ideas?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I do not have a Dahua NVR, but I would imagine that the setup page on the NVR will have a place to use ONVIF for brands other than Dahua. Also you have to set up the address on the NVR to match the address on the camera for the port that is being used.

Mainsail

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I do not have a Dahua NVR, but I would imagine that the setup page on the NVR will have a place to use ONVIF for brands other than Dahua.
I've clicked on every page of every setting and I don't see ONVIF anywhere.

Also you have to set up the address on the NVR to match the address on the camera for the port that is being used.
How can I know the address of the camera or the port if it doesn't see it?

The NVR is sending power to the camera, I see it on the POE page, but there's nothing in the top or bottom box that tells me the NVR sees it or can connect to it.

1679958266935.png

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
If you had a Hikvision NVR I could help you. I was hoping that someone with a Dahua NVR would join the thread and help. You could download the Hikvision SADP program and hook the camera up to your network and see if it sees it. The camera would need a power source.

Mcllisms

n3wb
Reaction score
Please I have a general question --
I am looking for POE camera for my house both inside and outside with these specifications :
1. audio recording
2. IR and night vision
3. some with two way audio
4. some ptz

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please I have a general question --
I am looking for POE camera for my house both inside and outside with these specifications :
1. audio recording
2. IR and night vision
3. some with two way audio
4. some ptz
No need to double-post or hikjack a thread...please consider deleting your above post since you're getting a response to your other post under "New Member Introductions" :cool:

Mainsail

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Mainsail, you'll need to login to the web GUI of the cameras to see the screens shared by @alastairstevenson.

Seeing as how you've reset the cameras, I suggest grabbing the SADP tool over here to get connected with your cams
OK, got it and installed. The only thing not grayed out is REFRESH, and that doesn't change anything. Both cameras are plugged into the NVR but the SADP tool doesn't see them on the network.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Both cameras are plugged into the NVR but the SADP tool doesn't see them on the network.
The NVR PoE ports are a separate network from your LAN that the PC is presumably connected to.
Connect the PC to an unused NVR PoE port and check what SADP finds.

Mainsail

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, you all left just enough clues for me to get it figured out.

The GIU is part of the camera firmware.

Connected the camera to the cat5 on my laptop and powered it from an old 12v wallwart (50-50 chance on the polarity and got lucky). That allowed the SADP tool to see the camera, get the IP address, set my password, and turn on the ONVIF.

From there I reconnected the cameras to the NVR and it sees them, and installed them.

All is well, thank you all for the assist!