Hikvision cameras keep detecting the dog

sza85

n3wb
Reaction score
Well if I can’t bypass this issue with a different firmware, then I’ll have to minimize the area of the detection… These are my first Hikvision cameras, is it possible that they will extend functionality in an upcoming fw update…?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well if I can’t bypass this issue with a different firmware, then I’ll have to minimize the area of the detection… These are my first Hikvision cameras, is it possible that they will extend functionality in an upcoming fw update…?
Not a single serie 1 had an option for smart events. So i wouldn't have high hopes.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Its a shame they even add "acusense" technology on serie 1, its like marketing scam. Same as 4MP lite mode or similar stuff.

I'd suggest you look for reviews next time if you happen to go for a switch.

Or you know just ask here before you go for it, there plenty of knowledge here.

sza85

n3wb
Reaction score
I did quite a lot of research, because I could hardly find a cheaper camera with smart hybrid light, and then I found this also with human detection… The PZ camera is also a bit of a disappointment because it can’t turn the white light on when motion is detected, but at least I knew that it won’t neccessarily work. It’s also pretty hard to find your way amongst the hundreds of cameras Hikvision has…

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That would require bypassing a model check.
Haha! Yes, I've done that, just for fun, on some of the value series cameras.
It's the same firmware, that just behaves with different capabilities depending on the model data from the bootpara data that's written in to the camera at manufacture.
Same hardware as the more expensive models, just not allowed it's full potential.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It is quite complicated as it involves disassembling the code of the control program, working out what it's doing (many thousands of lines of code) and finding the part that sets the way of working. Working up a patch to change that.
But a hard part is being able to unpack and decrypt the firmware to extract the code to reverse engineer and modify it. As researchers figure out how to do this, Hikvision react by adding more protection, changing the decryption key and so on.
As was suggested, they have reached a point where the tamper protection is now pretty good, and the effort to get round it is considerable, not really practical, even for fun.
So the answer is - not that easy now compared with how it used to be.