Hikvision Camera Setting Delma

Puma

n3wb
Reaction score
HI All

So the gear I am using is a Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P and the cameras I am having issues with are the DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL

I have them setup to have time switched parameters so that I can have a profile for day time and night time.

Now my issue is that I am getting some funny results I am trying to get the best image I can possible get out of them (storage isn't and issue NVR has a 10TB drive) but I can't get the settings correct and everything I touch just seems to make it worse. The settings below are what it is currently set to I lowered the bit rate heaps because hikvison recommended 12000+ however it gets quite bad when on those settings so I'm not sure.

Camera
Day Settings
Brightness: 50
Contrast: 50
Saturation: 40
Sharpness: 50
Iris Mode: Fixed
Exposure Time: 1/200
Gain: 100
Day/Night Switch: Day
Smart Supplement Light: OFF
Supplement Light Mode: OFF
WDR: ON
Wide Dynamic Level: 60
HLC: OFF
White Balance: AWB1
Digital Noise Reduction: Normal
Noise Reduction Level: 50
Defog Mode: OFF
Gray Scale: 0-255
Mirror: OFF
Video Standard: PAL(50HZ)

Stream Type: Main Stream
Video Type: Video&Audio
Resolution: 3840*2160
Bitrate Type: Variable
Video Quality: Higher
Frame Rate: 18
Max. Bitrate: 4096
Video Encoding: H.265
H.265+: OFF
*I Frame Interval: 50

I have been playing with the bitrate, frame rate and the exposure time to try and get a smooth image with out jitters however it can't get it correct. It's almost like the NVR can't cope with the top settings and sometimes I get stuttering and also these flashes of colour though the recording that is more than pointless.

Can anyone give me some suggestions as to what need to have some of these settings on to achieve the best results without dropping recording or having a bad recording.

Thanks
tempImagetoqMwU.jpg

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How many cameras do you have? Considering those are 8MP there can be few things that can bottleneck and present image like that(looks like missing data on stream).

Income bandwidth is smaller than sum of the camera bandwidth. Even tho its variable bitrate, sometime it can be miscalculated.
Secondly, 1HDD for 8 x 8MP cameras can overload write speed.
And thirdly, if you have 100 mbit network instead of gigabit it can be a hassle sending 8x 8MP data over 100mbit line.

Puma

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi thanks for your reply.

I have 8 Cameras in total
2 x 8MP
4 x 4MP
1 x Door Bell
1 x 4MP Wifi

The network is all hard wired in cat 6 direct to all the cameras and door bell except the wifi one that is on the garage.

Yes there is just one 10TB WD purple HDD (i believe)

So in saying that I never have an issue with the other cameras it's just these main two when I try and crank the settings up.

Would you have a recommendation on what frame rate and bitrate it should try and stick to?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
With that setup , max framerate and 16mbit bitrate shouldn't be problem. Try to switch on h264 to see if problem persists.

Puma

n3wb
Reaction score
With that setup , max framerate and 16mbit bitrate shouldn't be problem. Try to switch on h264 to see if problem persists.
Ok thanks I will try this and see what happens. What would be your suggestion failing these settings. Do I just start dropping the bitrate until it holds up or is that not the only variable I should be looking at?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Considering what your camera setup is, NVR should handle 8MP at max settings. All we can do is go by elimination system, because this problem can happen due to various reasons. We need to find reason.

Puma

n3wb
Reaction score
So the current settings I have are below and I am still getting this happen.

Sometimes it is just jittery image like its not smooth it will skip and I loose a lot of the frames other times it's there but I get the colours and the other fault is sometimes half the screen goes solid green.

Stream Type: Main Stream
Video Type: Video&Audio
Resolution: 3840*2160
Bitrate Type: Variable
Video Quality: Higher
Frame Rate: 25
Max. Bitrate: 16384
Video Encoding: H.264
H.265+: OFF
*I Frame Interval: 50