HIKVISION CAMERA DS-2CD2542FWD ACCESSING PROBLEM

osvaldo

n3wb
Reaction score
I just got this camera and I am not able to access it neither via browser or via IVMS 4200. I could activate it via SADP and change the IP as well, but nothing else. The camera is connected to the PC, via a POE injector and the PC is in a wireless LAN. Can somebody help me? Thanks a lot

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I just got this camera and I am not able to access it neither via browser or via IVMS 4200. I could activate it via SADP and change the IP as well, but nothing else. The camera is connected to the PC, via a POE injector and the PC is in a wireless LAN. Can somebody help me? Thanks a lot
If you connected it to your PC directly but your PC is on the wireless network you won't be able to access it.

What ever you changed the cameras IP to you need to match that network on your PC by setting the PC to a static IP (on the same network as your newly set camera) and disconnect from the wifi network. You should then be able to make the changes needed to the camera then via browser/ivms.

osvaldo

n3wb
Reaction score
If you connected it to your PC directly but your PC is on the wireless network you won't be able to access it.

What ever you changed the cameras IP to you need to match that network on your PC by setting the PC to a static IP (on the same network as your newly set camera) and disconnect from the wifi network. You should then be able to make the changes needed to the camera then via browser/ivms.

osvaldo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the quick answer. I did as you said, but unfortunately, with wifi off, nothing changes.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the quick answer. I did as you said, but unfortunately, with wifi off, nothing changes.
So if you shut your wifi off.
Assured your ethernet is your active network connection.
Connected your camera directly to the PC.
Set a static ip address of your machine to match the same network in which you already changed your camera to.
Example: Camera is 192.168.1.50 Machine is 192.168.1.51
You can not connect via IVMS or Browser? Did you reset the machine and camera after changes and try again?

If not I would factory reset the camera and start fresh. I'm guessing if this doesn't work something went funny when you changed the IP address the first time.

Last edited:

sirius99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As Zero says do that but i would stress to make sure you plug the camera directly into your PC/Laptop - I had a similar issue on another model and only that connectivity would let me activate the camera..

osvaldo

n3wb
Reaction score
zero, sirius, Thousand thanks (mille grazie)! Solved. Luckily I found the right place!