hikvision bug - logging

beber-k

n3wb
Reaction score
hi,
i spotted another bug in my hikvision model DS-2CD2086G2-IU, fw V5.5.160 build 210108
so i just try to tune the sensitivity pars (which i found it's a full time job with hikvision, i have another system with a laptop and blue iris, that one never miss)
so the bug is: i have recordings from motion event (basic, sensitivity is 40, human and vehicle detection enabled and as smart event i have established just pictures when 3 lines are crossed
today, i downloaded the videos, one of them i wasn't sure about it and downloaded the log (ALL the log from that day, which is today)
well, the recording from aprox 8:39 utpo 08:40 isn't anywhere in the log, i will post also the print screens. i found also some other recording with no log entry, the camera is managed only by me, my wife's avoiding the pc's like hell.
that camera is a stand-alone one, no nvr involved
a reset was done before parameters were adjusted, so don't ask me this or that that, i do sysadmin for living. usually for me, linux logs are always fine, except those unfinished fw (we manufactures in 2017 some robots with like 40 sensors here and there, never ever my coleagues told me log entry were missing from some event comming from the robot-specific apps !!!, i mainly dealed with system log entries like system itself, web servers, database etcaetera).
the attached pics are different, one has the timeline 'exploded'
do you have any idea, dahua's are the same sh...t or they act well?

maybe someone from hikvision starts to listen to this, i doubt i'm the only idiot with those concerns

Attachments

Last edited:

beber-k

n3wb
Reaction score
well, i have an update coming from...me
the ivms4200 says there is no fw update, if you browse DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL you fine a patched fw for V5.5.160 build 210108 , the IPC_G3_EN_STD_5.5.160_210416.zip, in the pdf describing what's new they mention magic words SP (service pack???), where you find 2 lines "fixed the problem bla bla bla".
their own software don't find the update resolving problems from previous one...hmmm, for me it seems job done by 20-years students paid with peanuts, like french men says.
i'll retest with that new fw ex/importing the settings.