Hikvision 7716 Remote Capabilities

Tony G

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, so I'm a complete newbie and currently researching the camera setup I'm going to install in my Florida vacation home and I'm leaning towards a Hikvision setup - six 3MP cameras (still deciding which models, but likely to include the 2332 turret (to avoid IR reflection) and the 2532 mini-dome.

I have a question about the Hikvision 7716 NVR. How much can I do remotely?

So I know I can log in from outside the LAN and view live(ish) video but can I search for old video? Can I record video over the internet?

Also, how does the dual stream work? I think it means that the camera outputs a main high quality stream for recording and lower quality stream for viewing, but does it require setting up? How can I ensure that I'm not taxing the network?

Thanks in advance!

digger

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd be really interested in knowing this too as I'm really new to the NVR setups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Use the IVMS 4500 (HD for Ipad, lite for Iphone) for remote live viewing and playback. I found playback one channel at a time works best due to large amount of data need if you are recording at highest quality and more than 12fps. I have 12 3MP cameras all set at maximum quality and 4 are at 8fps and the rest are at 12 fps. My 7716 has (4) 4TB purple drives and I can store just over 30 days of video with continuous recording. I found motion records eveything you don't want and nothing you want due to wind, bugs, shadows, etc.