HIKVISION 7608 DVR; Will it FTP?

Reaction score
I really appreciate some help from one of you guys who understands HIKVISION equipment...

A. I have a HIKVISION 7608NI-8 w 6 HIK (combination of 2032's & 2332's) cameras. I'd really like to have FTP capability (jpeg upon motion event) for at least a couple of the cameras. When I plug the cameras into my LAN individually, aside from the DVR, I can see FTP setup for the camera. However, I do not see FTP setup on the DVR! Can you FTP from the camera once connected to the DVR?

B. Which brings up the next big question... the camera management page on the DVR is very confusing. I can not for the life of me figure out how to add a camera on the LAN, not connected directly to the DVR for the DVR to monitor -- although it seems to imply that you can. I'm using 6 ports on the DVR. The camera management page on the DVR list all 8 ports, D1-D8 with the 6 cameras showing up correctly. Ports D7 & D8 are unused, but it will not let me delete them. Neither will it let me add a 7th camera it will detect on the LAN network, since I'm using all 8 ports it thinks....

HELP!

Dave

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Dave

Re 'A', if your firmware version wont allow the cameras to be seen on the LAN, then a quick fix would be to (loop back) connect one of the unused nvr ports back to your router / switch.

Re 'B', that will be fixed by doing 'A'

Hope that helps.

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On mine you dont have to delete a camera to add a camera, just select one of the unused positions and reconfigure it to your needs.