Hikvision 2132i dome vs Roelink 410 bulllet

Jramosent

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey everyone so I just bought the the hikvision 2132i thinking this would give me a better picture overall. Its a 2.8mm lens vs the reolink at 3.6 so wide angle is better on Hikvision but the picture quality isn't the best. Was I expecting too much. Keep in mind this is only based on night time video As of now.1209152144a.jpg1209152144b.jpg

Jramosent

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1449548360833.jpgHikvision_01_20151209210733620.jpg can you guys give some feedback hik is the right and reolink left.

Jramosent

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just got this after the rain.Hikvision_01_20151210064644753.jpg would the turret prevent this from happening? The bullet never did this when it rained

Jramosent

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The other camera is off. So ly only option would be to go turret? Would mounting this dome on the wall rather than ceiling help?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@Jramosent - Dome's really need to be covered as your seeing. Rain will cause a lot of problems during the storm, and water spots will cause programs after the storm. If you vertically mount the dome to the wall as high as possible (without causing IR reflection) so its under the eve you prob will be okay. The HIK 3mp is one of the noisiest sensors in there line currently, I believe some of your picture can be cleaned up with some setting adjustments, but its going to take some playing with the noise/gain and some lighting adjustments to dial it in more.

Also are those screen shots/save as images or are those actual captures/export from the nvr/browser? The sizing appears small when I attempt to view full resolution. What are the cameras running at? *the rain drop images appear to be actual exports as there sizing looks correct, but the images of the driveway do not.

Jramosent

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@zero-degrees can you suggest a camera I can place in my setup that will yield good results? I prefer the dome setup as it looks cleaner aesthetically but am open to suggestions.