Hik Vision no video recording on a day that has a blue triangle

Darkhawk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I usually deal with Dahua/panasonic so not so familiar with HIK vision UI. I have a client that complained that they couldn't view past footage. When I open the monthly recordings I can see the blue triangle on different days but when I try to play any of those past month triangle days the playback jumps to the first recording (that works) which is several months later. All cameras do it, they all default to the same day (12/12/20) when I press play on any blue triangle day from previous month recordings. Anyone can help here ? The system is setup to only record motion, not continuous, that's why the blue triangles are spread around the calender.

20201222_114340.jpg

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The blue triangle or play button on the top is your player. The blue triangle on the calendar indicates that the system was active and recording that day, and has a recorded event. I would assume since the NVR isn't set to continuous record, the days where the cameras observed motion are the ones marked with a blue triangle. You can try and change the event search in the bottom left corner from normal even to smart event to see if that makes a difference. Regardless.if your looking for video from a certain day that day must be marked by a blue triangle. If its not, no video was recorded.