HIK.NVR 7608, What is? SADP 192.1.0.64 can't ping or browser access from 254 net

kingdaddy

n3wb
Reaction score
Laptop connected to one of the 8 192.168.254.n ports, SADP shows 001 ... Active, 192.1.0.64, port 8000, IPv4 gateway 0.0.0.0 and http port 80.

Clearly I am missing out on some knowledge. Browser can't access it, and I can't ping it. What is it? Do I care?

I have fixed IP for the NVR: 192.168.1.2, with Virtual Host enabled. ...and all is working well... well, sort-of.

My remaing challenge is to accomplish video image to display...
when I use browser to access 192.168.1.2, I can configure / changes settings. USSCWebComponents.exe installed correctly. No image in panels or in "Configuration" video/image using browser on the same LAN.

It works with iVMS-4200.

If I can't solve this problem, I can't use remote access. It does the same thing.

Ideas?

username

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you are using Windows then depending on your version is apparently issues with active-x. I can get live view to work using IE under XP. In Win10, the browser does not support active-x but there is an icon in the upper right of that browser that opens a dropdown where you can select IE. When I use that, after installing WebComponents then it works. I had to save WebComponents, close browser, run WebComponents then open IE.

I haven't yet been able to get FireFox to work under Linux.

I have not tried remote access yet.

HTH, I'm a total newbie to NVR's & cameras so take my comments with a grain of salt.