Hik NVR 4 Channel Monitoring not crisp until full screen

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using a new re-branded Hik NVR (LTN8704-P4) from milkisbad which is running fairly current and standard Hik firmware. I have a monitor connected directly to the NVR showing the 4 channels. The images seem to be pulling from a substream until I click on a camera for full screen, then it crisps up. Is there a setting I'm missing to get things looking great on the 4-channel view?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm using a new re-branded Hik NVR (LTN8704-P4) from milkisbad which is running fairly current and standard Hik firmware. I have a monitor connected directly to the NVR showing the 4 channels. The images seem to be pulling from a substream until I click on a camera for full screen, then it crisps up. Is there a setting I'm missing to get things looking great on the 4-channel view?
Max out your cameras sub stream settings and see if it helps.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will try that, thanks a lot for the idea. Only thing that concerns me by doing that is if the "fluent" quality setting on the mobile app pulls from that substream (I have no idea if it does or not), it'll load a lot slower and consume more data on mobile.