Hik dome/cube install - looking for advice

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
MY god I would cringe if my women took over the garage like that with all the kids stuff.

Garage = MAN ONLY CAVE :)

Reaction score
I know. Need to give the garage a good clean up. But we just moved in - two years ago. ;) - With two small kids there is not much time and I much rather fiddle with tech stuff then cleaning up ;)

Sent using Tapatalk

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow that's a lot better. If you can adjust it slightly more down and right it will improve it even more.

Have you cranked up the WDR? If so try 10 or lower.

Reaction score
I have actually done some more tweaking. Both in settings but also adjusted a bit more as you suggest. I'm having a little IR issue but am thinking of trying to cover a single IR led with black electrical tape, in the 2532 to see if it helps.

With the current settings WDR is turned off as this seems to give better picture.

Will post a new set of pics soon. :)

Br Søren

Sent using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Hi

Added new day/night pictures along with settings.

Please let me know what you think and if I can improve the picture even more.

I also just went out and covered a single IR led with electrical tape on the 2532. Will post a new pic of that when it gets dark.

Turning WDR on do not seem to do any good for the picture, only give more noise.

Thanks.

DS-2CD2532F-IS - Front door
Sharpness 40 - others set to default
Exposure Time 1/12
Gain 80
WDR off
Digital Nois reduction on = 100

DS-2CD2132F-IS - driveway
Sharpness 40 - others set to default
Exposure Time 1/12
Gain 80
WDR off
Digital Nois reduction on = 50

Attachments

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The images are certainly looking better from when you first started. Only thing I noticed when you posted your settings is that using a shutter speed of 1/12 is going to leave the captured image at night all streaky. I would test this to see if people look like ghosts or not but I would guess they do. I would recommend not going below 1/25 shutter speed for night shots even though it makes the resulting image darker. If too dark you can bump up the gain to help.

Oh yea, the noise reduction on the front door set to 100 is going to do something similar to ghosting in many cases so you might want to test that one too to ensure you get a clear image (after changing shutter speed of course).

Reaction score
Added a picture of my front door cam, where I have blacked out en single IR led. As you can see there is a slight difference compared to the pic in my previous post.

Upper right corner is more black and overall image is a bit more clear. What do you guys think?

Ruppmeister, thanks for your suggestions, I will give them a try tonight. I do not get many moving objects at night, so have mostly done tests with still images.

Thanks all, for your helpful replies :)

Br.

Attachments