Hik-Connect remote playback issue

daniel.yrh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys I’m new but I have read a lot of user reviews in this forum.

I have been using Blink wireless cameras for 3 years and some of the cameras start failing, and I don’t like the idea of paying for annual subscriptions with Blink’s newer models. After all my research I recently purchased a 8MP Hikvision Colorvu camera from my local reseller. It’s image and video quality is much nicer than my Blink camera (especially at night!), however I now face a new issue.

I had my Hikvision camera set with highest image/video quality at H265+, playback via Hik-Connect within local network was alright but remote access never work. Playback will show “network is unstable” then followed by “maximum Channels under playback reached”. I suspect the Hik-Connect app is trying to read the 4K footages from my camera through the Internet and it requires really high bandwidth?

I am not using any NVR for now as I bought only 1 unit of Hikvision camera to test it out first. Is there any setting in the camera which allows downsampling of video playback through Hik-Connect app? Or scaling down the recording quality is the only option?

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Daniel :welcome:

I've never used the Hik-Connect app. If you enable one of the substreams in the camera GUI does the app give you an option to connect to the substream instead of the main stream?

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello Daniel

Playback via any software will only bring back the recording in its native form (how it was setup to record). You cannot playback via the main/sub stream as this is only available via the liew view

daniel.yrh

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies guys. I managed to fix the issue. Today I received my Sandisk 256GB Max Endurance card (class 10) and remote playback is now flawless!

Farheen

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies guys. I managed to fix the issue. Today I received my Sandisk 256GB Max Endurance card (class 10) and remote playback is now flawless!
Hey howd u fix it, I’m facing the same issue. Pls let me know quickly.

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Use a memory card in the slot provided on the camera, record duration is dependant on the size of the card. It records locally instead of a NVR.