Hik Connect on Android - got home wifi access, but how to add mobile internet (data) access?

Hiatus

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently had to reset my android phone to factory settings.

On restoring my back-up data, Hik Connect now is only configured for home wifi/intranet access: it has 'lost' my internet/mobile-data access. I used to be able to select between them.

I can't remember or find out how to add mobile internet/data access (to my DVR) on Hik Connect.

I have a static IP address and know the other settings.

Any tips welcomed!

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Either use port forwarding and a ddns service, or use the Hikvision cloud service and sign in on your hik-connect app

Hiatus

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
In fact, I got it working. I just wish I could retrace my steps in doing so. I'd already sorted out port forwarding.
As I recall, the crucial factor was registering my set-up with Hikvision. I don't recall doing the first time I got things working (wifi and mob data).
Don't think I signed on for any 'cloud' service.

I don't know why Hikvision can't be bothered to provide step-by-step instructions.

BTW, afaik, a ddns service isn't necessary if you have a static ip address.

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That’s correct, if you have a static IP, then you don’t need a ddns service. However, it’s one or the other. You don’t need to setup both port forwarding AND the cloud service. I personally prefer port forwarding. (No need to point out the risks. I already know) the performance is way better. The cloud service has too much lag