Hik-Connect for Android

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

i´m using my iPhone with the newer Hik-Connect APP.
I entered my Hik-Connect Account Information and i can see all my shared devices.

My wife is using a Android. So i want to dowload the Hik-Connect APP as well. But it looks like it´s not available for android.
So i tried the older iVMS-4500 lite Version. After entering my Hik-Connect Account Information, i can´t see any of the shared devices.

So i registered a new Hik-Connect Account for my wife and shared all the nessesary devices to this new Account.
But she can´t see any of the devices!

When i use this new account Information inside my Hik-Connect App on the iPhone i see all the devices!
When i use this new account Informations on the iVMS-4500 lite APP on my iPhone i can´t see the devices!

Whats going wrong with android and the older iVMS-4500 and Hik-Connec?
Regards Bastian

Last edited:

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

i´m using my iPhone with the Hik-Connect APP.
I entered my Hik-Connect Account Information and i can see all my shared devices.

My wife is using a Android. So i want to dowload the Hik-Connect APP as well
but it lokks like, it´s not available for android.
So i tried the older iVMS-4500 lite Version. After entering the same Hik-Connect Account Information,
i can´t see any of my shared devices.

I tried also to register a new Hik-Connect Account for my wife and shared alle the devices to this new Account.
But still no luck to see any of the devices!

Whats going wrong?
Regards Bastian
Here is the official documentation for getting Hik-Connect set up.

Attachments

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi

Hik Connect is available from Hikvision for android.

You need to share your device with a second account, preferably from the online login rather than the app. If you connect via ivms4200 you will need in ivms stream to also add the security code that is used for the cloud.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This looks like a Donald Trump vs. China problem...

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Supposedly Hik-Connect is not able to be downloaded from the Google app store anymore so it needs to be installed another way.

Make sure the "sharing" was done properly. So on the first phone you click on the bottom right and then you will see "Manage Share Settings". Click on the "+" and put in the other person's login. This should be the phone number or the e-mail address that they used to register with. Then select the cameras and what permissions you would like them to have and that's it.

The other person will get a notification when they start the software saying someone wants to share with them. They click accept and that's it.

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hik apps are on their app store Hikvision App Store

Make sure you enable your device to install 3rd party apps

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Now it works with Hik-Connect for Android - thank you!

But still no success with the old iVMS4500 lite APP logged in to the HikConnect Account.
There is now shared device shown. But otherwise inside Hik-Connect APP or Hik-Connect.com i saw the shared devices.
But it´s not important anymore - Hik Connect APP works :)

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On the 4500 goto the top left hand corner to login into the account, once you login, then click the username displayed, the new window will have a + button to add the HikConnect device. Make sure that you also enter the security code after you enter the device id (serial number). Once added, always click the user name on the main screen to access the HikConnect devices

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After entering the SerialNo I got an error message
„The device is online and has been added by other user“

When I used my admin account inside iVMS4500 instead the user profile of my wife I can see all the devices immediately.

I my opinion my wife should see automatically the devices which I shared to her - of course she has to enter the security code of the device.

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No, the HikConnect sharing is not the same as ivms4500 adding. On 4500 you must login with the owner of the camera not the person that it has been shared with

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So 4500 is not the right app for me.

I installed a lot of difference devices for my costumers. I connect all the devices to my own Hik-Connect Account.
After the costumer registered his new Hik-Connect Account i shared the device with his account. The costumer only needs to know the security code and he is ready to go

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
iVMS-4500 does not work with shared devices. Only with devices that are added directly to your P2P account.