Hik Compatible IP Cam.PG2387C -Bricked ,,Have .BIN File ???

Atech

n3wb
Reaction score
Just to describe , problem is PG2387C IP POE 8mp Color VU- shows no Firmware , Can't connect with Browser , It only shows ONVIF IP Cam,, Shenzhen China and the Ip address the the DHCP gives it This is with ONVIF Manager.. I tried various ways to revive , and it didn't help, So The Manufacture sent me English Upgraded software, ITS a >BIN File ,, I am not sure the easiest way did try to up grade it ? Thought it would Be Digicap File,, but because i am a novice it maybe inside the bin file. What is the easiest way to deal with the bin file into IP Cam. Thks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So The Manufacture sent me English Upgraded software, ITS a >BIN File ,, I am not sure the easiest way did try to up grade it ?
The manufacturer should explain to you how to use the file when the web GUI is not available.
For example - there may be a config app that can be used to install firmware.
Does the camera have an SD card slot?

Thought it would Be Digicap File
That is what Hikvision use.
Your camera is not a Hikvision camera, it just supports some of the Hikvision commands so that it can be connected to Hikvision NVRs.

This is with ONVIF Manager
When fully connected to ONVIF Device Manager, there is an 'Update firmware' menu under Maintenance, does that show?

Also - ONVIF Device Manager shows the ports under Network Settings.
What is showing for the HTTP port?

Does ONVIF Device Manager show any Live Video, or Web page?

Zip up the .bin file that was supplied and attach it here so we can check it out.

Atech

n3wb
Reaction score
Alastair ,, i will get back tomorrow ,, as the time zone for China is 8 hrs ahead ,, just want info first from MFG. Company is VIKVISION.

Last edited:

Atech

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 pictures of VIKVision Compatible Hikvision IP Camera ,That is bricked , i bought serial console USB - TTL Serial Communication and Programming Adapter CH340 3.3V / 5V ,, But the connector on th Camera Circuit board are minature compared to serial console connectors ,, Not sure if anything can be done because this is Vikvision,, Here is a picture of inside . I was given updated Ip camera software also. Thks

Attachments

Atech

n3wb
Reaction score
Soo just to update ,looks like i got a refund for IP Camera in full ,, and get to keep the Camera ,, when i get time i will try to un bricks it. :clap:

Cartel

n3wb
Reaction score
onvif device manager has an option to udate the f/w

Code:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/onvifdm/