Hik 8 Port POE NVR And LG LND7201R Cameras Mobile App not working

Jamshed

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,
Good day, i hope i can get something from here. i read alot in this forum regarding the camera setting and i was able to connect LG cameras with hikvision POE nvr.
now the camera is connected with hikvision nvr and i can see the video on Screen. i have the issue with hikvision mobile App. i cant see the cameras live video, what i can see the Video camera Numbers are showing in each blocks. but video cant load. i am using the hik-connect.

my nvr ip is 192.168.1.119-255.255.255.0-192.168.1.1
my LG camera ip is 192.168.254.101 and so on. i make the LG camera static ip. and setup in nvr Manual.

Thanks in advance for the help

moped

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using a media server and transcoding an older MJPEG camera as well as a feed from a USB webcam. This provides h264/RTSP feeds for my Hikvision NVR (two camera feeds are setup this way). Not a lot different than using a 3rd party camera. Codec matches what the Hik cameras use.

Results:
  • iVMS (software on PC/Mac or Mobile app on ios/android) states that streaming is not supported for this camera type (or something along those lines). Channel Zero works though - so if you enable Channel Zero and setup these 3rd party cams on that view, you may have a workaround.
  • Hik-connect actually works, but one camera usually shows and the other I have to hit pause/play on 1-3 times to get it to start streaming. (Channel Zero does not work on Hik-connect)
  • Hik-connect didn't work at all until I toned down the quality/bitrate. I also saw 30+ second delays (black screens) when my live view switched one cam full screen and then came back to show multiple cams. Cutting the bitrate/quality down seems to have helped this immensely - hik-connect works most of the time, delays for 3rd party cameras to come up on live view (hdmi output) is ~5 seconds now
I would suggest reducing the codec/bandwidth of the camera and see if it makes any difference. If you are using a custom protocol for these (I'm in this boat because I stood up a media server) then you may want to ensure you have the connection setup properly (specify UDP if your cameras don't support TCP streaming) and ensure that your substream is setup (substream = lower bandwidth / quicker to pull up stream that hik-connect and other Hik apps tend to default to).