Hik 7608ni only recording in 720p?

ilikeme87

n3wb
Reaction score
So sort of new to configuring these still, but have had this NVR up and running for about 2 days now. When I look under Image>Video/Audio, the only resolution option it gives me on the 5442TM camera is 720P. I also see this with the 2431T camera I have. I know when I set the camera up I set it for H265 2688x1520 and when I look at the main view in iVMS-4200 it also shows it at this resolution up at the top right corner. Any suggestions for things to check?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You appear to have a hikvision nvr with dahua cameras. This is what happens when mixing manufactures. Is the settings made in the camera post screen shot of the settings from the camera from the nvr.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Your resolution looks like 4MP. I do not see anything wrong with that. I also have Hikvision NVR's with Dahua cameras and I have no problems using ONVIF. However your bit rate is to low. You need to raise it to something like 8000. That may be your problem. Also do you really need that high of a frame rate? On the substream go as high as you can on the bitrate.

ilikeme87

n3wb
Reaction score
Your resolution looks like 4MP. I do not see anything wrong with that. I also have Hikvision NVR's with Dahua cameras and I have no problems using ONVIF. However your bit rate is to low. You need to raise it to something like 8000. That may be your problem. Also do you really need that high of a frame rate? On the substream go as high as you can on the bitrate.
Gave that a shot and I do notice that the bitrate is now higher in iVMS main view, but am still seeing this in the web interface. It seems the NVR is showing the bitrate as exactly half of what I have the camera set to for whatever reason. Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 11.52.20 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-23 at 11.51.12 AM.png

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
What does the picture look like on the monitor? Also for some reason it is not letting you get access to the bitrate, video quality and resolution. Your software is a little different than mine.

ilikeme87

n3wb
Reaction score
What does the picture look like on the monitor? Also for some reason it is not letting you get access to the bitrate, video quality and resolution. Your software is a little different than mine.
After playing around with it some more this evening, I discovered that if I switch back to H264, it does unlock the option to bump up the resolution to 2688x1520. Now to figure out why it is locked to 720 in H265 mode.