Hik 2232 different resolution at night

kbhenze

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a us version Hik 2232 with FW v-5.20 I have it set at 1920X1080 30 FPS and 8192 bitrate on the camera, running through Blue Iris.
Everything is fine during the day but when the camera switches to night mode BI reports that the frames per second drop to about 16 and the bit rate drops down to 300. During the day BI shows the full frame rate and bit rate. I have changed the resolution and bit rate even the frame rate but I still get about half during night

I have been over every setting in the camera and can not find anything to account for this. Have I missed something?

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If it's not the Variable/Constant bitrate option. My guess is since it is B/W during the night the bitrate is not as high. And since it is night time shutter stays open longer hence reduced framerate. My guess at least.

kbhenze

n3wb
Reaction score
Just got it to work again just reset the camera and works great now

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just got it to work again just reset the camera and works great now
Was about to say that! Sometimes weird stuff happens and resetting it helps.

I have noticed since my daily (overkill) reboot that no strange stuff has happened for about 3 months.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've seen computers do the weirdest things in the world, and a simple reboot fixed it.
I have my ddwrt router to reboot every day in the morning.
My cameras and NVR are setup for a weekly reboot also.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There should be a sticky at the top of every section that says to reboot the device before asking questions.

I'm not sure why people don't do this before they try anything else. Gotta do it at least 3 times :p