higher cpu when storing clips

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lately i have been noticing high than normal cpu usage, No camera are recording during this time but i did notice that system was transferring files, moving or storing i believe. Is this normal during those times? Should I install more ram and how much? what type? other thing to look at?

Lenovo 2988E2F thinkcentre M92P and intel core I 7–3770

I believe I only have 4Gb of RAM

cpu 98%
memory 74%
disc 2%

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Lately i have been noticing high than normal cpu usage, No camera are recording during this time but i did notice that system was transferring files, moving or storing i believe. Is this normal during those times? Should I install more ram and how much? what type? other thing to look at?

Lenovo 2988E2F thinkcentre M92P and intel core I 7–3770

I believe I only have 4Gb of RAM

cpu 98%
memory 74%
disc 2%
If your memory use is that high you may benefit from more ram. Its cheap enough to try. What is your cpu usage normally?
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/6201-Blue-iris-and-CPU-consumption-as-it-relates-to-memory-usage

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am 35-49% normally depends how many camera are on , if 3 or more it may hit 80% , I read that one that's why i mentioned more ram , but how much more? is it better to match ,all new , or just add?

Keep in mind its not solely a BI machine, it's my work station, not ideal but i have not got around to buying another machine for BI,