Hi From Portugal

JMO

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm building a new house and decided to install a outdoors Video surveillance system myself.
The property is a rectangle 13mX23m and the cameras will have to cover max 18m with the entry points for the house at max 14m.
The cameras will not be subject to rain and 2 of them will not have direct sunlight and the operating temperature will be >0ªC and <40ºC.
Started looking for a chinese cheap camera <20€ to see what I could do with it but reading this forum ended up buying a Dahua IPC-HDW4431R-AS.
At this point I'm planning on putting the above at the main door (looking at the street) and adding 2 Dahua IPC-HDW4231EM-AS to be located on opposite corners of the property (looking inside 90º angle)
For recording I'm almost lost (pc, nas, nvr,????) but maybe a Dahua NVR4104-P with a 3TB WD Purple.
Any comment/advice about this newbie setup is welcome.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm building a new house and decided to install a outdoors Video surveillance system myself.
The property is a rectangle 13mX23m and the cameras will have to cover max 18m with the entry points for the house at max 14m.
The cameras will not be subject to rain and 2 of them will not have direct sunlight and the operating temperature will be >0ªC and <40ºC.
Started looking for a chinese cheap camera <20€ to see what I could do with it but reading this forum ended up buying a Dahua IPC-HDW4431R-AS.
At this point I'm planning on putting the above at the main door (looking at the street) and adding 2 Dahua IPC-HDW4231EM-AS to be located on opposite corners of the property (looking inside 90º angle)
For recording I'm almost lost (pc, nas, nvr,????) but maybe a Dahua NVR4104-P with a 3TB WD Purple.
Any comment/advice about this newbie setup is welcome.
Welcome Jmo,

I am also new here, Please feel free to checkout the post I did which summarizes what I have been learning.

Thank You