Hi.. all

DanPOE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Starting to get into ip cams once again. I've got my poe injector ready and started to add cameras.

I've tested XProtect, Blue Iris and Bluecherry. I think I'll be going with Bluecherry since it runs efficiently like XProtect and has the features I need without breaking the bank.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I like that Bluecherry runs on linux and seems to have wide camera compatibility. I don't like the licensing model though. And there seems to be no demo/trial version.

DanPOE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I like that Bluecherry runs on linux and seems to have wide camera compatibility. I don't like the licensing model though.
What is your concern over the licensing?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like you have to buy a completely new license if you need to upgrade from, say, 4 cameras to 8 cameras, or 8 to 16, etc. The prices are just high enough that many home users would not want to buy a larger license to start with, especially with no demo or trial version available.

DanPOE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looks like you have to buy a completely new license if you need to upgrade from, say, 4 cameras to 8 cameras, or 8 to 16, etc. The prices are just high enough that many home users would not want to buy a larger license to start with, especially with no demo or trial version available.
The pricing seems pretty reasonable. They said to go from 4 to 8 cameras one would buy an additional 4 camera license.

DanPOE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've decided to just go with Milestone Essential. It simply works too well and is not something I'll need to worry about. I want something reliable and it works flawlessly.

CPU use is really low compared to anything else.