Hi all. Quick question on hikvision stuff

Baboon

n3wb
Reaction score
I am getting frustrated by my hikvision nvr 7604 series.
I can't seem to record the rtsp stream from the Ezviz camera.
The camera is added, and I can live view. But it needs to record.
So since it is not working I was wondering to replace my set with a good product which works (support on hikvision and ezviz is very poor)

My current set up is :
Ezviz c3x (front of the house and wireless)
DS-2CD2047G1 one on the driveway (can't use IR due the wall of the house) and one backyard.

I love the color night vision and due the street lights it is working pretty good. The ezviz is somewhat less grainy as the hikvision ones.

Does anyone have a recommendation of a good color nightvision camera with similar specs or even beter.
It would be even better if the nvr could even record a doorbell (not bought yet)

thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The camera is added, and I can live view. But it needs to record.
What's the NVR model? '7604' covers a wide range of series.

Can you show screenshots of the settings?
If it's RTSP you're using, as opposed to Hikvision connection protocol, you'll need to use a 'Custom protocol' referencing the RTSP stream URL for the connection method. Is this how you've achieved the Live View?
And a screenshot of the Storage schedule settings would be good also.

Reaction score
I have an issue with Hikvision DVR not finishing booting up ..its only showing black screen and only mouse pointer is showing nothing else ..I tried to reboot several times but no luck ..please help me how to fix this

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I love the color night vision and due the street lights it is working pretty good.
So do I but I found that they do have an inherent problem. Their depth of field starts relatively far from the lens. So buying one without considering distantance might not end well. The bigger the sensor (and the # of MP) and the larger the lens opening, the further away the sharp part starts if the lens is fixed focus.