Hi all - Johnny here / Lake Tahoe

JohnnyMac

n3wb
Reaction score
I linked here from Network Camera Critic. (highly recommend BTW)
I've been installing and servicing alarm, home control, access control and camera systems since graduating High School in 1982. About 4 years ago I saw my industry (not only camera systems) migrating to IP, and figured I had better learn how networks and IP devices operate, or I could end up "old grumpy guy" with an irrelevant skill-set... whom I have no intention of becoming!
I look forward to sponging in lots more knowledge here!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome, its not often to find someone with decades of experience whom isn't a luddite... technology is advancing rapidly, keeping your mind open to new ways of doing things is the only way to keep in the game.

analogue simply does not have the bandwidth needed for today's technology, its been a long time coming and things are progressing at a break-neck pace currently.

The biggest hurtle for the older generation is the concept of network security, the networks initially are pretty easy to setup.. allowing only authorized people on that network is the tricky part. Many are content just get it working without realizing they are opening it up for the entire world to access aswell.

Last edited by a moderator: