HFW5231E-Z5 vs HDW5231R-Z?

ZyBeR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was just about the pull the trigger on a HDW5231R-Z when I saw the new 2017 model Z5, a bullet though but with alarm in which could be useful..

Does anyone here have any experience with these two and/or could give an educated guess what differences could be expected?

Last edited:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be posting a side by side comparison review in a few days.. Got all of em

ZyBeR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Awesome! What's your first impression so far?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
that it looks like every other box from china Ive sat on my floor? Magic yellow tape, funky smell and all!

they should perform identically; just depends on how much zoom you need.. 6-35mm is really good for outdoor use

ZyBeR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that the Z5 had a bit more zoom, I'm running 2.8m in about the same location I'll setup this camera but that's a bit too wide.
My current setup has the camera in the middle of the surveilled object (my house), but I'm thinking of moving it ~13feet to the side so I would need it a bit more zoomed in, not sure exactly how much though so these motorised zoom lenses are perfect. I just need to decide which one :)

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The Z5 is good for targets further out or for targeting certain locations.
The Z is good for general coverage or for targets areas within 20m. (for ID)

To be honest, the Z at 12mm at night would be better then a non-starlight 4MP at 25mm. (depending on the IR light levels)

Last edited: