Hey from PA - my newb intro

ockins

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey All,

Greetings from PA! I have been reading and learning on this forum for almost a year, but finally registered and started posting. The intro guides, wiki, detailed camera reviews and sample captures from other systems have all been very helpful.
I worked in IT consulting earlier and now in software for the past 15 years, so I have experience running network cabling drops in buildings and have a home network rack with capacity begging for some POE cameras.

Per the advice here, I bought an IPC-5442-ZE from Andy last July. I tested possible mounting locations in front of my house for a few days and evenings and certainly got some interesting looks and questions from my neighbors.

I mocked up some locations, but ultimately didn't get the wife design approval for mounting multiple cameras all over our 100+ year old brick home. After a busy year of life/work, I want to start this project and devised a few more options for mounting cameras lower and masking some as window box planters.

I'm itching to pull the trigger with the EmpireTech sale to upgrade from my lone, useless Ring camera I've had out front for years. I'll post my full potential plan in the Camera Installation forum and look forward to your feedback.

Thanks for all the content and useful information so far!

Last edited: