Hey from Bristol, UK.

Snowman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey new to the forum. Just bought a Hikvision DS-7608-A uk model, and now I need to go shopping for some cams. First time using PoE so I'm hoping instalation will be a breeze.
Will keep you posted.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Welcome. It's not exactly plug and play, but I've got it down now where I can set up cameras to be fully operational in less than 30 seconds. Once you download the right tools, such as SADP, it's really not that difficult.

Snowman

n3wb
Reaction score
Ahh thanks for that. I shall download that I a bit. Still not sure if I've set the NVR Up properly. Lol

Snowman

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I've managed to set the nvr up properly, done a connection test and alls good. I'll probably get the cameras in a few days. Hoping that'll go smoothly. The dome cameras take sd card also, and I was wondering what the advantage is having an sd card inside them as well? The cameras are DS-2CD2142FWD.

Thanks again guys!

tsutton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The dome cameras take sd card also, and I was wondering what the advantage is having an sd card inside them as well?
It's only useful if you plan to use the camera as stand alone. But since you're going to use it with NVR, you don't need to insert an SD card.