hey Andy what is a good camera to replace a Hikvision mini dome on wall mount?

Reaction score
it seems all my dome cameras suffer from the Florida sun breaking them down and causing them to get haze over winding up looking like this at night

Bllurry.jpg

this is on the wall covering the stairs to the front of the house and I would like to catch people coming up or down
stairs 1.jpeg
plus I can't move it to a better spot so I was thinking that 2 angle camera and a mount like this one

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You're so right about the dome and it being affected adversely over time by UV, ozone and smog.

Now that you've trimmed that vegetation, for $16 I'd try one of these headlight restoration kits (if you are otherwise happy with the cam's performance prior to this issue). ==>> Ceramic Headlight Restoration kit Headlight Cleaner and Restorer kit-3 Easy Steps Restore Car Headlight Cleaner Cleans Yellow Haze Scratch Off-No Tools Required

Yeah, it's a slight gamble but look at the alternative; besides, I spent more than that yesterday at a Mexican restaurant for lunch and a soda for one person. :cool:

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
You're so right about the dome and it being affected adversely over time by UV, ozone and smog.

Now that you've trimmed that vegetation, for $16 I'd try one of these headlight restoration kits (if you are otherwise happy with the cam's performance prior to this issue). ==>> Ceramic Headlight Restoration kit Headlight Cleaner and Restorer kit-3 Easy Steps Restore Car Headlight Cleaner Cleans Yellow Haze Scratch Off-No Tools Required

Yeah, it's a slight gamble but look at the alternative; besides, I spent more than that yesterday at a Mexican restaurant for lunch and a soda for one person. :cool:
Tony thanks for the response but I beleive the camera has reached EOL.
it does not like to switch between night and day. you also have to save the same changes four or five times in the GUI. .
I wanted to see if Andy or anyone else thought that dual camera would work for this application

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.