help with tripwire dahua

Gatozzzz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys i have some problems when i try to set up a tripwire, when i cross the line sometimes the green line turn into red and show me the event at my cell phone with gdmss plus alert and sometimes not. I dont now what is hapenning. My dvr is xvr5104 dahua and my camera is Hfw1200r 2mpx

Gatozzzz

n3wb
Reaction score
i tried something like this rigth now and is the same. I saw in others post about how the set tripwires and lines are set in blue colors and mine is green, that is normal?

Attachments

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Gatozzzz,
Welcome to the forum!

The moving object needs time to be spotted by IVS, and tracked, BEFORE crossing the IVS line.
So IVS lines at the edge of the image can have problems. IVS may not have time to identify an object, then draw a box around the object, and then have time for the object to cross the line.
Additionally, the size of the box is a factor, since 50% or more of the box must cross the line before an IVS "cross line" event is triggered.
With that post in the middle of the FOV, and with such a large object box (tracking a human that is large wrt the FOV), you may not be giving IVS 1) enough time to identify and box the person, or 2) the box may not adequately cross the line.
I tweaked my IVS line placement while using a laptop connected WiFi to my home network. Then I surfed in to the NVR web interface gui. The laptop view showed the lines, and boxes, as I walked around with my laptop.
I observed the amount of time it took before I was "boxed" after I entered the cam FOV.
And where the 50% line cross criteria was achieved.
Generally, I'm pleased with IVS.
Note: my cams are mounted further away than yours. So a person, boxed by IVS, is 10% or 20% of the entire FOV image. And the box is entirely within the image frame. It seems your box, tracking a person coming up the circular stairs, would be a box that has its border at the very edge of the FOV image. That might be a challenge for the cam, and IVS processing.
Experiment, as described above. You'll figure it out!
Again, welcome!
Fastb

Gatozzzz

n3wb
Reaction score
im only leave my camera there for testing it but that seems to be the Problem. Tomorrow i am going to put it in a real position and test it in that way you mention it. Thank you for all, im new on this and this fórum is awesome i expect to help someone in another ocasion. If i solve it i well Tell you

Gatozzzz

n3wb
Reaction score
I forgot, do you know why when i set my tripwire the line is green but for others is blue? Its doesnt matter that?

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
My lines were always blue. When the box crosses the ICS line, the line flashes red in 1) live view using NOR native UI, 2) pss, and 3) playback w/ nvr & pss