Help with port forwarding

jrjmpls

n3wb
Reaction score
I know this is a dumb question, but I just can’t get my android ip cam viewer to work for my new reolink camera.

The camera is on ip 102.168.1.52 and the onvif port is 8052. If I put those values in the ip cam viewer app things work fine. But I need to get to the camera via the internet when I’m away.

So I forward port 52 to 192.168.1.52 in the router with local port 8052 and what I get is a failed to get image error. Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong.

Thanks a million!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I advise against port forwarding, especially directly to a camera. You should consider a VPN for remote access of your LAN and its devices, otherwise your camera could be hacked, turned into a netbot for DoS attacks and/or threaten the security of your home network.

When you're at your home you'll be on your LAN (private) IP and you'll access the cam's private IP of 192.168.1.52 but when you're NOT at home you'll be coming in on your WAN (public) IP. Then any request coming into that port will be forwarded to that cam's LAN IP by the router. Your request when away from home would look more like 108.124.99.74 :52 which is Your-Public-IP:Forwared-Port .

From home on your LAN go to whatismyip.com and it will tell you what your WAN (public) IP is. Then go to canyouseeme.org and put in your port number to see if that is open to public.

Do you know if your WAN IP is public and is it static or dynamic?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's dynamic and I use dyndns to access it.
That would have been helpful info to put in your OP. :cool:

Are you including the forwarded port in the URL for your remote access app such as " http://Your-DDNS-Hostname:Forwared-Port " ?

If no joy, try instead to forward 8052 to the cam's LAN IP and put that port in the remote access URL.

jrjmpls

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I'm including the port. I do this for multiple cameras and it works fine. It's only for this one camera that it doesn't work. I think it must have something to do with on if or rtsp.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is the inoperative cam a different make & model from the others? EDIT: I guess so, since it;s your new Reolink.

Does the RSTP URL work with VLC on your LAN?

Reaction score
Bạn cần một tên miền động và mở cổng web và rtsp nếu kết nối trên onvif tiêu chuẩn

Reaction score
Bạn cần một tên miền động và mở cổng web và rtsp nếu kết nối trên onvif tiêu chuẩn