Help with placement.

tjustice86

n3wb
Reaction score
I am needing to install camera (likely 2) at this location. The client would like coverage pretty much dumpster to dumpster, where do you think would be the best placement? I was thinking either this set of red or the set of green. Let me know what you think. I will attach the original photo if anyone wants to edit with what they think will be best locations.

Also this is the model of camera the client has already purchased, I can change if needed though. 4 MP ColorVu Fixed Turret Outdoor Network Camera

1617287460634.png

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The red location on the left is good. It's low enough for good identification. The red location on the right need to move lower and be more to the left, near the word "DRUG". Mounting them down lower will give you good identification shots. I'd add the other two cameras as you have them located to be able to watch the two mounted down lower.

tjustice86

n3wb
Reaction score
The red location on the left is good. It's low enough for good identification. The red location on the right need to move lower and be more to the left, near the word "DRUG". Mounting them down lower will give you good identification shots. I'd add the other two cameras as you have them located to be able to watch the two mounted down lower.
I don't really need identification shots as there are cameras inside watching the doors. Thanks for the info, it would be nice to be able to do all 4 locations but client only wants 2 cameras out there.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
The green mounting location certainly gives more protection for the cameras. Mounting them on the ends of the building exposes them to someone coming around the corner and messing with them from the blind spot. But mounting them at green wouldn't provide complete coverage of the dumpsters. So I would say it depends on what is more important for the client. Does he care about door coverage more or dumpster coverage more? Mount them accordingly.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am needing to install camera (likely 2) at this location. The client would like coverage pretty much dumpster to dumpster, where do you think would be the best placement? I was thinking either this set of red or the set of green. Let me know what you think. I will attach the original photo if anyone wants to edit with what they think will be best locations.

Also this is the model of camera the client has already purchased, I can change if needed though. 4 MP ColorVu Fixed Turret Outdoor Network Camera

View attachment 85929
Welcome @tjustice86

What is the functional goal?

ID people coming in and out?
Watch the parking lot?
Watch the dumpsters?

As noted, I'd use a lot more cameras to cover that area - as I typically want to ID cars and people in that area.