Help with IVS

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi catcamster
Is there away to remotely reset cameras ? I did one took it apart held in a button next to green light 30 seconds light went off and back on but I do not think camera went back to factory.
Sure, can you access the cam through the webinterface (eg ) ? If that succeeds, go into Settings - System - Default and pick "reset default".

alex8828

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay, I’m resetting all my cameras back to factory. I have an NVR5208-8P-4KS2 is there away to reset that back to factory settings. I want to start over like I just took everything out of the box. Because I must have messed up something along the way. I’ve been trying months to get everything in sync.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I haven't updated my NVR / Cameras yet b/c if they're not broken, why fix them BUT from what I've read I believe the safest bet in your situation using that NVR might be to put the firmware on a usb stick and use a USB mouse and then use the NVR connected via hdmi to a screen (tv or monitor) and update it using the GUI from the NVR itself.

alex8828

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I haven't updated my NVR / Cameras yet b/c if they're not broken, why fix them BUT from what I've read I believe the safest bet in your situation using that NVR might be to put the firmware on a usb stick and use a USB mouse and then use the NVR connected via hdmi to a screen (tv or monitor) and update it using the GUI from the NVR itself.
I agree with do not fix unless broken....thanks for you advice

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree to disagree: if you are still on v3 it is worthwhile upgrading to v4: the no-plugin browser firmware is a huge improvement.

Upgrading the NVR is as easy as upgrading the camera: through the webbrowser. I've read a couple of issues when people did try to upgrade with a local USB and were not successful (eg wrong filesystem / links to files / zipped and not .bin).

Reaction score
I agree to disagree: if you are still on v3 it is worthwhile upgrading to v4: the no-plugin browser firmware is a huge improvement.
What do you mean by "V3" or "V4"?

Here is one of my HDW5231R-ZE info that I purchased in 2018. I need to use the NACL plugin to Chrome for accessing the web browser.

1588545146469.png

I recently purchased a T5442TM-AS and it's info is below. Nothing shows any "V4" for any of the versions, yet I use Edge for the web browser.

1588545490330.png

Is it worth updating the 5231's?

alex8828

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I started using windows 10 boot camp with ie everything works good my initial problems are solved but I can’t upgrade f/w on any cameras it just hangs.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
What do you mean by "V3" or "V4"?

Here is one of my HDW5231R-ZE info that I purchased in 2018. I need to use the NACL plugin to Chrome for accessing the web browser.

View attachment 60938

I recently purchased a T5442TM-AS and it's info is below. Nothing shows any "V4" for any of the versions, yet I use Edge for the web browser.

View attachment 60939

Is it worth updating the 5231's?
By the looks of your webservice (and the WEB VERSION V3.x ;-) ) you are (still) on version 3. So yes, I'd upgrade if your camera has a v4 firmware listed on @EMPIRETECANDY profile.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I started using windows 10 boot camp with ie everything works good my initial problems are solved but I can’t upgrade f/w on any cameras it just hangs.
How are you connecting to your camera's? Do you use vlans? Firewalls? Through Webservice or through NVR? Lots of questions! ;-)

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I connect through web browser to NVR then to the camera interface through the browser.
I always use the WEB interface to the NVR, and in the camera registration page, you have a second tab: UPGRADE, through which you can upload the firmware to (selected) camera's. Works fine here.

Good luck!
CC

alex8828

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks catcamstar that worked perfectly. 1 question do you have to default camera (not to factory( after upgrade?