Help with issues, first time install

Reaction score
Ordered the Dahua 5231 ZE via Andy, it arrived in the US in a speedy 6 days. Impressed with the speed/service.

A diagram should be attached of my current setup, dahua and PC both connected to the router, no switch. I have a TP Link SG1005P that is unused. The camera is powered with a 12V adapter. This is a one camera setup at this time.

I tried the web interface, logging into the camera web page (192.168.1.108, etc) and could not get the camera picture (live stream) to show up. The Dahua tools does recognize the camera and show a live stream, etc.

Blue Iris was able to detect the camera, and show a live stream. I have not tried recording or altering the settings, but im sure it will be easier now that I have a stream to work with.

1) What could i be doing wrong on the web interface? I can log in, but once logged in no camera stream.
2) I tried to remove the router and use only a switch, that did not work. The switch is TP Link (Dahua and PC with TP Link SG1005P, no router or anything else connected) i removed the switch and put the router back on

i haven't even gotten to mounting or recording but i think i can figure those out later tonight.

My PC is windows 10 64bit
intel i5 2500K, 3.30GHz
8GB Ram
nvidia GPU
SSD drive for OS, multople internal and external drives available for recording, etc.

router is ........192.168.1.1
camera is ......192/168.1.108
pc is .............192.168.1.2

Router is on the internet only for setup purposes, but once setup camera network will be offline as I would PREFER to use the PC and switch only (no Router, no NVR)

Web Config Settings

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ordered the Dahua 5231 ZE via Andy, it arrived in the US in a speedy 6 days. Impressed with the speed/service.

A diagram should be attached of my current setup, dahua and PC both connected to the router, no switch. I have a TP Link SG1005P that is unused. The camera is powered with a 12V adapter. This is a one camera setup at this time.

I tried the web interface, logging into the camera web page (192.168.1.108, etc) and could not get the camera picture (live stream) to show up. The Dahua tools does recognize the camera and show a live stream, etc.

Blue Iris was able to detect the camera, and show a live stream. I have not tried recording or altering the settings, but im sure it will be easier now that I have a stream to work with.

1) What could i be doing wrong on the web interface? I can log in, but once logged in no camera stream.
2) I tried to remove the router and use only a switch, that did not work. The switch is TP Link (Dahua and PC with TP Link SG1005P, no router or anything else connected) i removed the switch and put the router back on

i haven't even gotten to mounting or recording but i think i can figure those out later tonight.

My PC is windows 10 64bit
intel i5 2500K, 3.30GHz
8GB Ram
nvidia GPU
SSD drive for OS, multople internal and external drives available for recording, etc.

router is ........192.168.1.1
camera is ......192/168.1.108
pc is .............192.168.1.2

Router is on the internet only for setup purposes, but once setup camera network will be offline as I would PREFER to use the PC and switch only (no Router, no NVR)

Web Config Settings
you are using the wrong browser..they dont support npapi.
use internet explorer.

Reaction score
Edit:
Disregard reply below.
IE (NOT Edge) works.
I apparently tried to find IE in the past and only found Edge.
Deep down inside i hate microsoft

(("When I use internet explorer i get an error message about a plugin.
attempting to install the plugin tells me plugin is only available for chrome.

i used to be somewhat computer literate until windows 10 and Edge"))

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When I use internet explorer i get an error message about a plugin.
attempting to install the plugin tells me plugin is only available for chrome.

i used to be somewhat computer literate until windows 10 and Edge
IE will work make sure you are not using edge.
Otherwise search the forum for npapi and see other suggestions including pale moon or chrome with ie extension.

Reaction score
IE will work make sure you are not using edge.
Otherwise search the forum for npapi and see other suggestions including pale moon or chrome with ie extension.
Im a bit slow. had windows 10 and for the life of me never was able to find IE, only Edge. Apparently I'm not as bright as I thought with windows 10. I managed to search for IE and found it.